Four Ways to Deploy Magicure
Magicure is designed with enterprise requirements in mind. To meet the demand of various scale enterprise clients, Magicure provides four deployment methods ranging from individual workstation setup to company wide deployment.
1. latinas porn Single Setup: Install Magicure on individual workstations with the setup CD or electronic download.
2. Network Setup: Install Magicure from a network share folder with pre-configured program settings, or use a network software deployment tool to distribute Magicure.
3. Script Setup or Unattended Setup: Push out Magicure with a client script which runs automatically when the client PCs log onto the network.
4. Deploy Magicure In System Image: Include Magicure in a system image and roll it out with the operating system deployment using a drive imaging utility such as Symantec’s Norton Ghost.
1. Single Setup
To install Magicure on individual workstations, follow these typical setup procedures:
1. Insert the setup CD; Auto run menu will pop up.
2. Select Setup from the Autorun menu.
3. Select Default or Custom Setup at the setup selection menu and follow the on-screen instruction.
2. Network Setup
If you need to setup Magicure on multiple PCs on a network, to eliminate the hassle of carrying a CD around to setup each PC, Magicure allows you to run the setup from a network share. Follow these general guidelines to install Magicure over the network:
Copy Magicure program files from CD into a folder on your server and create a share for the folder.
2. Create an Advanced Setup Configuration File(SETUP.CFG) with the Advanced Setup Configuration Wizard utility provided in the Support folder on the program CD. Place the SETUP.CFG file into the folder containing Magicure program files created in step 1.
3. To Install Magicure on a workstation, access the shared folder from the workstation and run setup.exe.
4. Select Advanced Setup option at the setup selection menu. Advanced Setup will read-in the setup parameters (such as product ID, password, protection type, program settings and installation directory) from the SETUP.CFG file that has been configured in step 2 above. At the end of the Advanced Setup, user will be asked to restart the computer.
If you use a network software deployment tool such as Microsoft SMS server, Novell ZENworks and etc to deploy software, please follow these guidelines to deploy Magicure:1. Create a BEFORE snapshot of the system with the software deployment application.
2. Create a folder called Setup on the root of the C drive and copy all of the Magicure program files into the folder.
3. Create a SETUP.CFG file as aforementioned in step 2.
4. Place SetAutoSetup.exe (which can be found in the Support folder on the program CD) into the Setup folder and double click to run it. SetAutoSetup.exe will write some deployment settings into the system registry. SetAutoSetup.exe will not return any user interface.
5. Run the software deployment application again to create an AFTER snapshot and create the software deployment package.
6. Deploy the software package and reboot the client system.
3. Setup with Scripts (Unattended Setup)
For some network administrators who prefer to use client side scripts to deploy new applications to workstations, Magicure can also be easily integrated into their custom scripting install scenario. Follow these general guidelines to deploy Magicure within a network script:
1. Copy Magicure files from the setup CD into a folder on your server and create a network share for the folder.
2. Create an Advanced Setup Configuration File (SETUP.CFG) with the Advanced Setup Configuration Wizard utility provided in the Support folder on the program CD. Place the SETUP.CFG file into the folder with the Magicure program files created in step 1.
3, To use a client side script to install Magicure when clients log on, include “setup.exe /s” within the setup script. Setup /s allows Magicure setup wizard to silently read-in the setup parameter from the SETUP.CFG file configured in the step 2 above. No user intervention is required during the silent setup. Setup will restart the computer automatically at the end. If you do not wish to restart the computer automatically at the end of the setup, add “/norestart” to the “setup.exe /s” command.
4. Deploy Magicure In System Image
Magicure can also be included in a system image and roll it out with the operating system deployment, like that created by Norton Ghost or similar utility; however, due to Magicure’s security design, some of the Magicure’s features do not exist in visible file format. Instead they exist as bits and bytes on the physical sectors of the hard drive. Therefore the typical Ghost approach of imaging all files on the hard drive to create a system image will not be able to include all Magicure components. Please follow these guidelines to prepare a hard disk for imaging including Magicure:1. Copy Magicure program files from the setup CD into a folder on the hard disk that you will use to create the system image. Rename the folder as Setup.
2. Create an Advanced Setup Configuration File (SETUP.CFG) with the Advanced Setup Configuration Wizard utility provided in the Support folder on the program CD. Place the SETUP.CFG file into the folder with Magicure program files created in step 1.
3. Place the SetAutoSetup.exe utility, provided in the Support folder of the program CD, into the Setup folder and double click to run it. SetAutoSetup.exe will write some deployment settings into the system registry. SetAutoSetup.exe will not return any user interface.
4. Now the hard disk is ready for imaging. Image the drive with a Windows based imaging application or reboot the PC to a CD to create an image of this hard disk containing Magicure setup files. DO NOT reboot into the Windows after running SetAutoSetuo.exe which had created some registry entries to automatically start the Magicure program setup, rebooting into the Windows will kick off the Magicure auto-setup process The system image contains Magicure setup files rather than the actual Magicure program files. However, once the image is dumped onto a hard disk, at the first startup, SetAutoSetup.exe generated registry entries will trigger the Magicure setup process. This process is silent and transparent to the users. Setup reads in the program parameters from the SETUP.CFG file configured in the previous step without any user interaction. At the end of the setup, SetAutoSetup.exe will automatically remove the Magicure setup files and restart the system.